Product: Lime Leaves, Vacuum Dried
Latin Name: Citrus hystrix
Plant Family: Rutaceae
Other Names: Kaffir Lime, Kieffer Lime, Indonesian Lime Leaves, Wild Lime, Limettier Hérissé, Hojas de Lima Kaffir, Kaffernlimette, Kaffercitrom , Duan Jeruk Purut, Duan Limau Purut, Combava, Makrut Lime & Bai Makrut.
Description: Kaffir lime leaves come from an evergreen tropical thorny shrub native to Southeast Asia that grows to a height of 2-6 metres. The leaves are composed of 12-18 leaflets that are alternate, dark glossy green in colour on the upper surface and paler green below, the two part leaves are ‘joined’ in the centre giving them a ‘figure 8’ appearance and vary between 3-15cm in length. The 5-petaled flowers are white in colour, waxy in texture and fragrant. The fruits have a very bumpy, waxy texture and are a dark lime green in colour and approximately 4cm in diameter. The leaves have a distinctive lemony-lime flavour and aroma.
Interesting Fact: Did you know that water made from the juice obtained from the kaffir lime leaves and fruit is used to clean clothing and as an ‘anti-dandruff shampoo’ for hair? The fruit contains saponin which is a soap-like substance that has cleansing properties.
Ingredients: Dried leaves of Citrus hystrix (no preservative).
Allergy Advice: Lime leaves should be avoided by people who have intolerance to citrus products.
- Shelf life of up to two years provided that goods are stored in an airtight container in ambient conditions.
- We are JustIngredients! A young and vibrant business, aiming to provide the UK and European markets with Quality Ingredients.
- We are passionate about culinary and botanical ingredients, seeking out the best herbs and spices from the top producers around the world.
- We only source the highest standard products and by purchasing from source, we can pass these saving on to our customers.
JustIngredients Essential Lime Leaves Vacuum Dried Loose 100 g
- Brand: JustIngredients
- Product Code: 12LIVD_100g
- Availability: In Stock